Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A little slice of Morocco

So even though I'll have to wait to tell you about Morocco, I can show you a bit! In the post after this I'll link to my 11(!) photo albums, but since there are only 6 photos in the entirety of those albums that I'm in, I'm gonna borrow some from friends for this post. Photos are by Colin (thanks Col!) unless otherwise noted. Here goes!

First day in Morocco, in the hills near Moulay Yacoub
L-R, Jenna D, Jenna E, me, Colin
Photo by Sarah

Jenna E, me, Sarah, & Jenna D enjoying the view


Exploring Berber architecture


Trekking through an oasis

On top of the sand dunes in the Sahara to watch the sunrise, about 20 kilometres from Algeria
Sand dunes are hard to climb!

I'm the little red sliver in the middle climbing the dune
Photo by Scott

Sunrise over the dunes
Photo by Scott

Good shot of the sand dunes as I try to deflect Col's relentless lens

In my shesch for sun/wind protection on my camel

We were on camels a lot. Bertrand got bored and started camel hopping.

Jenna, me, and Allie after climbing into the desert ridges to watch the sunset
All of us about halfway up the ridge in the valley where we camped overnight
Photo by Scott

A little group of us had tea in Ouarzazate with some amazing people, who taught us how to play some music

My lesson in Moroccan dance

Taking a picture of Ait Benhaddou, where Gladiator was filmed

Jenna D, me, and Theo waiting on a rock after our tour bus hit a car (everyone was OK)

In the place at Marrakech after seeing Uma Thurman haha

Watching the sunset from the ramparts in Essouira
L-R Jenna D, Jenna E, Allie, me, Theo

Taking tea with the spice man and his chameleon in Essouira
Photo by Jenna E

Our Moroccan band playing our hit single "Elle s'appelle Stephanie" with the vendor who gave us free mini-drums in Essouira
This photo's actually mine!

Colin, me, and Bertrand wearing our matching Moroccan shirts because we're awesome
Gille's house, Essouira
Photo by Theo

There are many many more, those are just some of my favorites. I'll post soon with the links to my albums as well. Miss and love you all!

No comments: